Sales Manager – Essex / Suffolk
THE ROLE: In line with the company objectives to generate new and develop existing customers, to maximise revenue opportunities within a designated area covering depots in Basildon, Harlow & Ipswich. To ensure retention and growth of the customer base through a structured management of the customer portfolio. To work with the groups depots and other sales personal within the company network. To take complete responsibility for the targeted sales activities within the defined patch, ensuring all current business opportunities and key accounts are developed to their maximum potential. Alongside the traditional account management responsibilities you will also seek out new business opportunities.
- To identify the existing customer base and visit these customers on a regular basis
- To identify potential new customers cultivate relationships and convert these to trading customers
- Maintain close contact with key account portfolio customers
- Ensure all customers within the region are serviced effectively to maximise hire and sales opportunities.
- To monitor and negotiate prices to ensure the company remains competitive.
- Monitor stock levels with Operations, to ensure the most efficient response to customers.
- Respond to and resolve customer complaints ensuring a quick and amicable resolution is achieved.
- Continually promote a customer service orientated culture within the region
- Contribute ideas to the business development team and organisation.
- Ensure consistent high quality of customer satisfaction
SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES:
- Communications skills, ability to communicate both written and verbal, and express views to all clients across multi sectors and different levels of seniority.
- Selling skills, excellent presentation skills on a personal, one to one and group level, negotiation skills, tact and diplomacy.
- Strong industry knowledge of Plant & tool hire equipment.
- Analytical skills, confidence with management information analysis and problem solving.
- Good IT knowledge of PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook.
- Ability to identify and act on opportunities to grow client accounts.
- Organisational skills – Planning, preparation and follow up
- Highly self-motivated and conscientious.
- Commercial awareness – A good focus and understanding of client procurement processes.
- Disciplined time management
- Honesty & Integrity
- Team ethos
- Results driven
- Positive & outgoing
- Customer Focused
- Understands and works towards the bigger picture
- Supports and drives change
- Approachable & considerate
- Energetic & enthusiastic
Please download our application form by clicking here and send it along with your CV outlining your current salary and benefits package to firstname.lastname@example.org
Apprentice Plant Fitters
- Required for all our depots. On the job training given and CITB training arranged. If you are interested in a career in Construction Plant Hire Mechanics please email your details with any previous experience or qualifications to email@example.com or post to our head office address below.