Hire Desk Controller – Kings Lynn Depot
The Role: Working as part of a team in a very busy and fast paced Plant & Tool hire Depot. To provide a prompt & efficient service to customers both internal & external. To maximise all revenue opportunities. To administer all associated paperwork & to provide outstanding customer service at all times.
- Deal with telephone, email & face to face enquiries / orders from customers, and provide accurate information as required.
- Ensure accuracy of all paperwork and that procedures for hire / sales contracts, purchase orders, stock transfers, asset administration, are adhered to.
- Liaise with the workshop to ensure equipment required for hire is available.
- Co-ordinate Drivers to ensure equipment is delivered and collected from customers on time and efficiently.
- Maximise consumable sales opportunities at every opportunity.
- Ensure all deadlines are met in relation to reporting of information.
- Work within the Health & Safety policy of the company to ensure safe working practises.
- Ensure availability and utilisation of fleet, both within the depot and through cooperation with other NPH depots.
Key Performance Indicators
- Hire & Sales revenue growth
- Make & record new outbound weekly sales leads
- Maintain close contact with depot customers
- Achieve deadlines
- Zero customer complaints
- On-going management appraisal
- Minimal administration errors
- Adherence to company procedures
- Work with and support the external Sales Representatives
- Ensure consistent high quality of customer satisfaction
Desirable Attributes for NPH Hire Controller
- IT literate
- Industry / Product knowledge
- Attention to detail & accuracy
- Excellent communication skills, verbal & written
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Ability to work under pressure & to set deadlines
- Disciplined time management
- Customer focused
- Team ethos
- Positive & outgoing
- Can-do approach
- Energetic & enthusiastic
The ideal candidate will have previous Construction industry based experience or proven experience of working in a similar fast paced environment. Full training will be offered to the successful candidate.
HGV II Driver (Cat C) Cambridge Depot
- Multi drop delivery / collection of plant and tool hire equipment.
- Safe loading, unloading and securing (this involves operation of plant equipment, diggers, dumpers, rollers, etc. therefore previous experience is preferred, however full onsite training is available).
- Good geographical knowledge of local area.
- Experience of daily vehicle checks.
- Neat and accurate completion of required paperwork.
- Strong customer facing skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Flexible approach
- Physically fit as position will require some manual handling.
- The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of driving experience in a similar environment, driving responsibly and safely within the law at all times.
A clean UK class C or EU equivalent licence, driver cpc card and digi-tacho card is essential.
Hours of work will be 45 hour basic per week Monday to Friday, but overtime may be required to meet business demands.
Mobile Plant Mechanic / Fitter – Essex Area
- Attend on site servicing & breakdowns, diagnose faults and carry out repairs
- Ensure job sheets, pre hire sheets and all associated paperwork are completed promptly and efficiently.
- Ensure Health & Safety and Company procedures are met at all times.
- Be reactive and punctual at all times.
- Have the ability to work on own initiative and also as part of a team.
- Experience with diesel / petrol engines, hydraulic machinery and electrics.
- CITB/NVQ qualification preferred but not essential.
- Previous Plant/Tool Hire experience is essential, with a full and varied knowledge of a cross section of plant machinery.
- Full UK driving licence.
- CSCS card holder is advantageous
- Rate of pay dependent on previous experience
- Hours of work will be 45 hour basic per week Mon-Fri, but overtime may be required to meet business demands.
- Company vehicle to be supplied.
- Holidays 30 days per year inclusive of statutory bank holidays